Several Griffins set school records for Westminster College at the Track and Field meet held at Colorado Mines Friday and Saturday. Other athletes also placed in other events.
Check out the results from the meet below:
- Men’s distance medley relay team (Tony Nickerson, Ryan Murphy, Aiden Urban, and Paul Matthews) set a new school record of 10:39 and placed third overall.
- Women’s distance medley relay team (Courtney McAlindon, Madison Hooper, Josi Johnson, and Katie Scott) placed second overall.
- Hannah Rohrer-Fitzhugh placed second in the 5k with a time of 18:46. This is the second best time in school history.
- Lauren Cobabe set a new school record in the long jump with a jump length of 5.50m and placed fourth overall.
- Aiden Urban ran a NCAA Division Two provisional qualifying mark. He is the first athlete to qualify provisionally in Westminster’s history as an NCAA institution.
The track team will return to compete at Idaho State University at the Mountain State Games Friday and Saturday.
Sports coverage by The Forum is created in part through a partnership with the Westminster College Athletics Program.