The Westminster College Track & Field team continued breaking school records at the Mountain State Games meet in Pocatello, Idaho over the weekend.
The team competed Friday and Saturday with several athletes setting new school records and student Tony Nickerson setting an NCAA provisional mark for the 800M.
A provisional mark means the athlete will be considered by the NCAA for a place in the national meet. Nickerson set a provisional mark with a
1:53.40s time in the 800M.
The men’s team set four new school records:
- Lasana Trawally: 60M with a 7.11s time
- Tony Nickerson: 800M with 1:53.40s (NCAA provisional)
- DJ Matthews: Mile with 5:24.27s
- DJ Matthews: 5K with 15:18.92s
The men’s team also had three athletes score in the top three for their individual events:
- Tony Nickerson: 2nd place in 400M with 50.07s
- Aiden Urban: 3rd place in 400M with 50.09s
- Zach Stanton: 2nd place in triple jump with 6.16M
The women’s team set two new school records:
- Katie Scott: 800M with 2:19.64s
- Relay team (Madison Hooper, Emily Worline, Courtney McAlindon, Katie Scott): 4×400 with 4:10.62s
The women’s team had two athletes finish in the top three for their individual events:
- Madison Hooper: 3rd place in the 400M with 1:00.03
- Grace Cobabe: Long jump with 5.30M